Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moving on......

Feb. 13th - second Sunday

We had 10 for service in the morning.  Pastor Curtis asked us pray about the upcoming town meeting where we would be seeking permission to operate as a church in the town.  He preached on how we should live like Christians - with loveliness, gentleness, patience and love.  If His Spirit lives in me, there will be a natural outpouring.  He used scripture from Ephesians 4 and I Corinthians 3:9-11.  Our effort is not what matters, if we lift the Lord high, He will do it.  The Word of God is real, it has value, get into it every day.  We were encouraged to do things in such a way that the world sees we are different.  The reason we are different is that we have a love relationship with our God.  In our obedience, God is always glorified.

When we returned in the evening, we had 18 folks for service.  John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."  How does Jesus love us?  He laid down His life for us.  Husbands love your wives, children obey your parents.  Our love for one another should be a servant type of love - giving without concern about getting anything back - unconditional.  Show compassion - find the need and then minister to the people - no matter what it takes.

Today is the day before Valentine's Day - we wore our new t-shirts!
I love my husband - he is just the best - God gave him to me and he knew exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment