Thursday, March 3, 2011

we started meeting......

November 20, 2010
We hosted our first planning meeting in our home.  We met each other for the first time and shared testimonies and Caledonia information.  We discussed our intentions on starting a church.  Curtis shared his call to Caledonia.  We shared copies of our doctrine statements from our current church.  We also talked about possible locations for our church.  Three families were prepared to answer the call. 




November 27, 2010
Our second planning meeting....we named our church "Charity Bible Church" - our mission statement "Do What Jesus Did". 
Curtis shared these verses:
John 5:17 "But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work."  We believe God is working here.
James 2:14-18 faith and works
Jam 2:14  What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jam 2:15  If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jam 2:16  And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?
Jam 2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jam 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Rev 2:4  Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
We set up a facebook page - Charity Bible - Caledonia.
And an email address.
Matt G will be designing  our website.
God is Good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment